Long lasting and effective treatments for all foot and ankle problems!
Foot and ankle pain does not repeat itself once you leave our office. We provide the best podiatric services and educate our patients on exercise programs they can do at home. We also include different types of homeopathic medications you may use.
Our most important goal is to provide information about your condition, the best methods of treatment, and ways to prevent it from reoccurring. This information is provided in various handouts and brochures that are downloadable from our website. You don’t have to suffer from your condition again in the future.
With state-of-the-art equipment and access to various surgical centers and hospitals, Dr. Alexopoulos caters to those with the following conditions:
- Sports Injuries — As a specialty of Dr. Alexopoulos, we see a number of athletes at our office. Most conditions are a result of overuse, improper footwear, and/or improper stretching.
- Child Foot Conditions — Pediatric podiatry is also one of Dr. Alexopoulos’ specialties. Foot pain and deformities may occur as a child’s foot develops. Seeking early diagnosis and treatment is always best.
What podiatric services can we provide for you?
We use different forms of athletic taping and strapping of the feet to improve the way you walk. Another effective treatment method for many conditions is the use of custom orthotics.
- Orthotic therapy or orthoses — Custom orthoses, also known as orthotics, are shoe insoles or inserts made from a mold of your feet to specifically treat foot pain or other conditions.
- Physical and massage therapy — Physical and massage therapy help decrease foot pain and are available in our Chicago office.
- PRP treatment (platelet rich plasma) — This treatment has been shown to help promote healing. It helps a great deal with wounds that have not healed and deep injuries such as arthritis, plantar fasciitis, and tendonitis. It is especially helpful in healing Achilles tendonitis or peroneal tendonitis.
What surgical treatments do we offer?
Surgery is only recommended after all other forms of treatment have failed, such as: changing shoes, using special pads, taping, strapping, and/or wearing different types of insoles or orthotics. Surgery is also recommended when your lifestyle or athletic performance is affected due to a painful foot condition. We are able to perform the following surgical procedures in our office:
- Removing warts
- Treating ingrown toenails
- Removing skin cancer
- Repairing fractured or broken bones
- Performing minor procedures involving hammertoes or bent/crooked toes
For extensive surgical procedures, we use a surgical center or hospital. These types of procedures include:
- Surgery on bunions
- Surgery for arthritis, bone spurs, and ganglions
- Major procedures involving advanced forms of hammertoes